Friday, 10 June 2011

#10 Learn 3 New Tarot Layouts

This goal on the list is actually meant to help towards the bigger goal of being really proficient at tarot and not just a dabbler.  Taken seriously, it is a lot of work.  There is a great tarot lesson here, and I have been doing the daily readings it recommends.   Lately things have not been going very well, I'm afraid to say.  One morning I pulled the Strength card, and wow was it on point.  Trust me when I say that it took all of my reserves of said attribute just to manage not to collapse into a fetal emo sobbing ball of goo.
The next one was really way more interesting to me.  I pulled the 7 of Swords, one of the meanings of this is the 'lone wolf'.  I pulled it on what is one of the two days out of the year that I most feel like I am wearing a neon sign that says FREAK.  The day of our work's dreaded semi-annual meeting.  No matter how hard I try, I am just not inspired by what my co-workers find motivating.  It's not an indictment because I really wish I were!!  I don't find a presentation about how no one remembers second best motivational, I find it depressing.  The meetings always end up being days where I withdraw and feel like I could cry at the drop of a hat.  The 'lone wolf' was a pretty apt description.
I'll definitely keep doing this.  It's a great way to learn and the way things have been going lately, I can always use the head's up as to what the day will bring.  It tells me if I should plan on drinks late in the day or not.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment